August is here which means it’s officially time to start FALL BAKING aka the happiest time of the year! Let’s start with these Apple Quinoa Muffins.
I don’t care if it’s still 85 degrees and sunny and I still don’t start school for another month. It’s offically
almost fall which means it’s time to start buying cans of pumpkin in bulk, massive amounts of apple butter, and stock up on all the fall spices.
The point of this post though is these delish magnificent magical Apple Quinoa Muffins that will make your house smell like fall and love. Even if you’re refusing to accept the fact that summer is ending soon, you should still make these muffins because they are good any time of the year. I love experimenting with different muffin recipes and this was my first time using quinoa as the base – and it turned out great!
*** ALSO note that you can sub pumpkin puree for apple butter to make Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Muffins! A few people had some great success with that so I thought I’d share!
Apple Quinoa Muffins
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flax seed or other egg replacer
- 2t nutmeg
- 2T cinnamon
- 1t baking soda
- ½t salt
- 2T vanilla
- 1 cup apple butter
- ½ cup finely diced apples
- ¼ cup agave
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cooked quinoa, oat flour, almond flour, flaxseed, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 350F.