Guys my pizza obsession runs DEEP.
One of my very first posts on this blog was this Sweet Potato Pizza Crust. It’s one of my most popular recipes + my all-time fav. I’ve been on a mission to diversify my pizza intake, so when I saw polenta in the bulk bin at Whole Foods, I knew I had to get some.
I’ve been in KY for a few days and have been trying to cook more meals for us. Even though I’m pretty sure he’ll eat almost anything I make, he really loves pizza. As do I.
So. This pizza. The crust is about 2/3 polenta and about 1/3 all-purpose flour, which is a perfect mix of kiiiiinda tasting corn-ish but not too overbearingly strong. Just enough to taste different. Polenta also makes the crust super thick and super fluffy. Which is THE BEST kind of pizza if you ask me. This is like the total opposite of a cracker (aka thin crust) pizza.
- 1½c polenta
- ¾c all-purpose flour
- 1t salt
- 1t garlic powder
- 1t Italian seasoning
- 2t baking powder
- ⅓c mozzarella cheese
- 1c milk
- ½c marinara sauce
- ½c mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- ½c arugula
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients - polenta, all-purpose flour, salt, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- All in wet ingredients - mozzarella cheese and milk. Stir to combine.
- Transfer pizza crust dough into a sprayed shallow baking pan.
- Press crust down to approximately ½-in thick.
- Bake on 350F for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the dough has been set, add toppings - marinara cause, cheese, tomato, and arugula.
- Bake for another approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.