- 2 packages Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 2T honey
- 2T ground flaxseed + 6T water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- Cinnamon, nutmeg to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining 2T of ground flaxseed with 6T of water in a separate small bowl.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, olive oil, honey, and egg if you are using one.
- Add the cornmeal mix, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a separate large bowl.
- Stir together the dry and wet ingredients. Be careful to not over mix.
- Place the batter in the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and the top is slightly browned. Allow to cool in the pan at least 20 minutes before serving.