Today were talking pizza because it’s pizza. Pizza doesn’t even require a grand explanation on how great it is because it’s pizza. Pizza knows it’s great. Everyone likes pizza.
Since my love for pizza is so great, and I know it is for so many others too, I wanted to create a pizza with a bit more flavor! I tried cauliflower crust pizzas, except they tended to be thin and lacked much flavor. I tried quinoa crust pizzas, but the crust was honestly pretty bland and tasted too “healthy homemade”. I know that most believe that the toppings make a pizza, but I wanted to prove that the flavor can be in the crust. Plus topping it with cheese and a ton of fresh veggies/meat isn’t so bad either.
When I first made this pizza a few months back, the entire thing was eaten in one sitting. It’s easily the best pizza I’ve ever had. (And I’m not just saying that because it’s my blog and I want you to make it, I promise, this thing is actually GOOD.) With less than ten ingredients, this recipe is also super easy to make and only took about 5 minutes to prepare. Add that to the 25 minutes it took to bake, and that’s approximately the same amount of time it takes to have a pizza delivered. Now you have no excuse. Go make this pizza.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (approx. 2 medium potatoes)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa (or an additional ¼ cup of almond flour)
- 1t baking soda
- 1t salt
- 1t garlic powder
- 1T Italian seasoning
- 1t oregano
- ½t olive oil
- Toppings: pizza sauce, cheese, veggies, meat, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared pan and shape out into a circle. Crust should be about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Add sauce, cheese, and/or toppings and bake for another 5-7 minutes.