Butternut Squash Apple Soup
Vegan Butternut Squash Apple Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- ½ large white onion
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2T coconut oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened soy milk
- 1t salt
- 1t cinnamon
- 1t sage
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice the butternut squash in half and roast for about 50 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, sauté the diced onions and apple with the coconut oil.
- Add in vegetable broth and unsweetened almond milk.
- Scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash and add into the soup. Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- In batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Add pureed soup back into pot and add in spices. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes before serving.